Last Friday at Hilton Adelaide, the 2019 Seven News Young Achiever Awards took place to celebrate the outstanding accomplishments across South Australia.
During the night, the Fresh 92.7 People’s Choice Award winner was announced, with our Brekky hosts Loz and Thommo presenting the award to Sam Weavers of Wayville.
Sam Weavers is the founder of Sam’s Popcorn, an online business that sells and delivers flavoured homemade popcorn all across Australia. Sam’s Popcorn donates 40% of each sale made to Sam’s Kids4Kids fundraising program, which is associated with the Childhood Cancer Association.
Sam received 25% of the total votes to take home the Fresh 92.7 People’s Choice Award, and it’s easy to see why since he has achieved such noble goals for someone his age.
But the entrepreneur to win the SA Young Achiever of the Year Award was Sean Grealy.
Sean Grealy founded Care Konnect, a company that provides software that enables better communication and service quality in aged care. Care Konnect brings together vulnerable people, their families and care providers, reducing social isolation and promoting healthy ageing. It receives funding from investors and partnership deals with aged care providers. It expects to connect over 3,000 families in 2019.
The rest of the winners in the 12 categories include:
• Cyanne Westerman, 27 of Whyalla – Websters Lawyers Service to the Community Award
• Otis Carter, 27 of Port Lincoln – Department of Human Services Aboriginal Achievement Award
• Carlos Maya Koch, 27 of Broadview – Worldwide Sports Award
• Mahyar Raezaei, 25 of Parkside – Multicultural Youth South Australia Spirit of Resilience Award
• Harry Sanders, 21 of Willaston – Minister for Innovation and Skills Outstanding Apprentice Award
• Zelma Tolley, 26 of Port Lincoln – Rural Doctors Workforce Agency Rural Health Award
• Amber Cronin, 28 of Stepney – University Senior College Create Change Award
• Zaachariaha Fielding, 27 of Adelaide – The Rowdy Group Creative Achievement Award
• Sean Grealy, 23 of Morphettville – First National Real Estate Innovation Award
• Zia Westerman, 27 of Whyalla – Santos Regional Service Award
• Sam Weavers, 11 of Wayville – Scouts SA Leadership Award
• Tahlia Perry, 25 of Mount Barker – The University of Adelaide STEM Award